- Copper roofing is extremely resistant to corrosion and extreme weather conditions, as a result it will not deteriorate and it requires very little maintenance.
- Copper is a flexible metal that is produced in either seams or sheet form.
- It can be shaped and bent to suit almost any roofing style, allowing for the additions of various accessories due to its lightweight.
- Bent copper forms wind resistant and water tight seals, making copper flashings most effective.
- Copper roofs change in hue with time and weather exposure. It slowly develops a unique patina ranging from salmon pink to russet brown, or even a charcoal grey. This process can take anywhere from 5 to 14 years, depending on your surroundings. However this does not affect its functionality, and is regarded as a classical and elegant look.
- Selecting copper as your roofing material can help the homeowner achieve a timeless look or suit an existing architectural style.
- The combined longevity and financial savings is a reason why so many home owners decide to go with a copper roof.